The Charitable Fund
2013 Campaign Totals: $357,098
An Opportunity and a Responsibility
The Utah State Employees' Charitable Fund Campaign encourages and enables State employees to contribute to non-profit agencies easily and confidentially. (Read what the Governor has to say.) The Charitable Fund campaign:
- Provides an opportunity for all State employees to support non-profit agencies through payroll deduction.
- Informs State employees about the critical role non-profit agencies play in our communities and our world.
- Encourages generous, voluntary participation and preserves employees' confidential right to give or not give.
- The Charitable Fund meets legal requirements set by the Utah Department of Commerce and is audited regularly.
Guidelines for Giving
A suggested gift would be one day's pay based on individual pay scales—it is not a quota or an assessment. Your decision to give is a personal decision. Let it reflect your concern for the people and quality of life in our world.
Designate Your Gift
You may designate your gift to any of the Agencies or Federations listed by entering the appropriate code and the amount you wish to contribute on your pledge form.
Payroll Deduction is Simple and Confidential
Pledge online to authorize payroll deductions. Deductions in the amount you specify will begin with the first payday in January following the campaign and continue through the year until the last payday in December. You may cancel or change your contribution at any time during the year by contacting the Charitable Fund Board. You also have the option of making a one-time donation when you pledge online. Print your receipt and attach a copy of it to your check or money order made payable to the Utah State Employees' Charitable Fund.
Charities Must Qualify for Your Support
To qualify for Charitable Fund donations, charities must:
- Be in compliance with the Utah Charitable Solicitations Act administered by the Utah Division of Consumer Protection.
- Have current IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt status.
- Complete an Application for Inclusion in the Utah State Employee' Charitable Fund Campaign.
- Be approved by the Charitable Fund Board.
- Fill out a Compliance Form annually.
A charity's participation in the Charitable Fund does not constitute an endorsement by the State of Utah or the Board. If a charity is not listed on this Web site, the board cannot guarantee its tax status.
Robert Ford, President
Utat State Employees' Charitable Fund Board
Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Your gift makes a difference.